Monday, June 28, 2010

Ayam Masak Merah Pedas

Today I decided to satisfy my cravings for Nasi Totamo and Ayam Masak Merah. I first tasted this dish in Convent Hari Canteen last time, students and teachers will cook something and sell to raise money for the school.. and it has been one of my favorite dish ever since .... This is my first time cooking this dish *drum rolls* yeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Not bad for my first attempt eh?


Nasi Tomato

Ayam Masak Merah Pedas

Okies.. enough of the food tease :-P haha! Here are the recipe :-)
You will need..
* Chicken
* Tumeric Powder , 2tsp
* Onions
* Tomatoes , 2-3
* Tomato Puree and Ketchup
* Dark Soy Sauce
* Water (depending on the thickness you want)
* sugar and salt
To make the chili paste
* Shallots (around 10) or just big red onions
* Ginger 3-4 cm
* Dry chilies, 5-6 (depending how spicy u want it to be)
* Fresh red chilies 3-4
* Garlic (maybe 8-10)
Directions
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric and salt (leave it for 20-30 mins) then fry till its slightly browned and cooked. Set aside.

2. Blend the ingredients to make chili paste then fry the paste till it is cooked. (about 15-20 mins)



3. Next. Add onions ( cut into rings) and chopped tomatoes. Add add water and let it simmer.
4. Season it with tomato puree, tomato ketchup, dark soy sauce, sugar and salt till you get the taste u want!
5. Add chicken and let it simmer and boil till its fully cooked.

6. Lastly, add frozen vegetables and its ready to eat!


I'll provide the recipe for nasi tomato next time.. I'm hungryyyy!!! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna eat nasi tomato :(
    It's my favourite..
    get ur ass over here too!!

    ReplyDelete