Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dried Pork Meat

Due to overwhelming responds on my FB for the recipes, I'm going to post all my recipes here. If you have any other recipes that your would like to share, please don't hesitate to let me know.

This is dried meat aka Bakua in Hokkien. We usually have this during Chinese New Year. It's kind of a sweet pork jerky. It's really delicious, and you can put it in sandwiches, or just to eat it like that like a snack. Usually kids loves them, as well as the adults.

I saw this recipe from a blog " Little Corner of Mine" and I knew I had to try it out. It looked really simple, otherwise I won't make it.

Here's my version of the recipe;
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground meat, with some fats ( your can try it with chicken too if you don't eat pork)
1 & 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1/2 cup sugar ( I used slightly less than 1/2 cup)

Put ground meat in a big bowl. Add in the seasoning. Use Chopsticks and stir in one direction until the meat becomes gluey.

Put some gluey ground meat on a wax paper. Cover with a big cling wrap (I think plastic sheet is better) and use a roller to roll the minced meat to 2mm thick. (*Do not use aluminum foil as it will stick!)

Put the parchment/wax paper with the ground meat, on a baking tray.

Bake in preheated oven at 125 degree Celsius (250 F) for 20 minutes. **After that, increase the temperature to 180 degree Celsius ( 350 F) and bake for about 20-30 minutes. Keep a close watch, as it burns easily at this stage.

I would prefer it on charcoal grill but this will do. You can put it in the grill later to get it burn more.

Cooled and cut into pieces. It doesn't last very long so you can keep it in the refridgerator or just eat them up quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment